Comprehensive strategies and tips to find and recruit the right people to develop your business in Germany
Germany is a prestigious and lucrative market for companies wanting to enter the European Union arena. On it’s own, the country is a challenge to handle and master - for its complexity, competition, diversity and the incessant drive for quality and innovation with a strong traditional foundation.
Aside from bringing in your good quality products, a key factor for success in Germany will be hiring the right talents on the ground from the start. Let’s face it, oftentimes the biggest mistake companies make in their expansion process is recruitment. The recruitment process is essential and a key determinant of success to a new frontier. Establishing a relationship with the right recruitment/talent management company in Germany is crucial to successfully launch in the country. You know this is the right move but it’s also a costly strategy. However, making a mistake will cost more, monetarily and in terms of company image/brand and market standing.
The current competition for talent has gained both volume and velocity since the economic upturn of Germany. A recruitment and talent management company helps you build the proper framework and assists in the management of the recruitment process within the German talents market’s demographics, educational and training background, and diversity. This is an advantage for you as an emerging player in the market, to be perceived as an employer of choice for the right and distinct talents.
The Benefits of Partnering with a Recruitment/Talent Management Company
The recruiting process in a different location, such as Germany, is complicated and greatly differs by role, geography and the very industry you want to break through. High value recruitment and a talent management company helps you find the right people in critical roles from the ground up. The talents that will make up your team will not just make up the business but will bring it to success, and the right recruitment/talent management partner will bring this team together for you.
Benefits of a partnership:
- Save time and resources by conducting thorough research into the labor market and extensive screening of promising candidates. Your recruitment partner’s research of the market includes their own network of talents and screening potential candidates for you. Knowing the current labor market including labor laws and regulations in Germany gives them the advantage and knowledge of where to look including their own talent network.
- Going Local - A key element in penetrating the German market is to become local, and a good representation of this strategy is to hire local. Your recruitment partner can provide you the local staffing solutions you need to work and operate the business efficiently. German consumers still want to deal with local people, those who know the language and the different qualities uniquely German. Local staff also brings in their network of friends within the industry.
- The recruitment and talent management company assists you in positioning the enterprise on a path towards progress through the people in your team. Your partner helps you plan and create the framework to build outstanding teams, where each member understands the goals, role and processes that impacts the business. Makes the team work together to define, shape and deliver for the enterprise’s growth.
Your recruitment partner is your guide to the talent market in Germany. Helping you build and develop the team that is going to be the backbone for your expansion into the European market.
Selecting the Right Recruitment Partner
Selecting the recruitment partner that fits into your business’ needs and goals for expansion should be given thorough thought and contemplation. Entering a new market especially one as expansive as Germany and the EU requires you to have all hands on deck. You’ll need a partner that’s conscientious, with a large amount of expertise in the hiring processes of the region and knowledge of the laws and regulations as well as the market landscape. Don’t risk your efforts of bringing your product to Germany by selecting a cheaper but less experienced partner. Price should be just a second consideration or rather think of your ROI by partnering with a more experienced and reputable company.
Here are a few tips on how to select the right recruitment partner:
- It seems cliché to say Do Your Homework, but a thoughtful study of two or three companies, their background, experiences and referrals is necessary in making the right selection. Inquire into the industry they specialize in. Select a company that fully understands the nature of your business. This partner will represent you and your company to candidates, and it’s essential to have knowledge of your business for them not to struggle in choosing the top notch candidates for you.
- The recruitment partner must have a wide network reach. The best candidates might already be employed by another enterprise in the same industry, and a good recruitment company can tap that candidate for you. The company must be able to dig deep to find the best talents and are not limited to picking up bits and pieces from job boards.
- The recruitment partner must have an in-depth screening process and only endorse people that are suitable and an excellent fit to your job specifications. After all, one reason you are looking for a recruitment partner is to save time in the screening process and concentrate on other important matters of expanding your business.
- They should be registered and qualified by the proper recruitment industry regulating body. The company must exhibit their understanding of existing and current employment laws and ethical standards.
- Select the recruitment partner that has a high employee retention rate. Some companies’ boast of filling up their clients’ vacancies 100% but the follow-through should also be under consideration. Retaining these talents is also important
Expanding to a new market as large as Germany is a challenge and you need to have reliable partners to give you the necessary helping hand. Conscientious, reliable, knowledgeable and a talent on its own is the kind of recruitment partner you want to be able to succeed in finding the right talents and thrive in the new market.
Look for your own hero partner in recruiting the best talents in Germany.